San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
June 20, 2001
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Nelson Alexander, Lolitia Bache, Lillian Mahoney, Joni Shirley, Elizabeth Tate, Pat Thiss, and Chuck Woolsey.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of April 18.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $3245.08 as of June 7, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- G. Shirley reported on the purchase of the Windows Version of the Hy-Tek Meet Manager for Track & Field. The software was $1272, including a site license for one year.
- The Board discussed the June 23 West Region Masters Track & Field Championships to be held at San Diego State.
- Woolsey suggested that San Diego USATF should consider buying some walkie-talkies. He provided specifications, recommended brands and available prices.
- Thiss relayed the information from Hodgert that everything was looking good for the June 30 Association Track & Field Championships.
- Robinson, Tate, and Alexander reported that the Youth Regionals had been in Las Vegas the previous weekend. In spite of the 105 temperature, there were good performances, although there were some heat-related problems. They also reported that there are now 1040 youth members and 23 teams in the Association.
- The Board had a general discussion about the price and availability of tracks, as well as the possibility of bidding for the Junior Nationals.
- The President relayed a message from Claudia Piepenburg that she was mailing out championship medals for the Dr. Seuss 8K.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:03 p.m.