San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
November 17, 2004
- President Graeme Shirley called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the President, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Kettrell Berry, Paul Greer, Thom Hunt, Lillian Mahoney, Jennifer Nanista, Sharon Powell, Arnie Robinson, Joni Shirley, Elizabeth Tate, and Wes Williams.
- The Board approved the minutes of the 2004 Annual Meeting held October 20.
- Treasurer Lolitia Bache reported that the checking account balance was $8747.47 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. Some Dirt Dogs Cross Country award checks remain outstanding.
- The Board reviewed the status of the Annual Awards Banquet. The Banquet is scheduled for Saturday, January 29, 2005. The committee has not engaged a master of ceremonies. The price will be $30 per person. Each award winner and one guest receive complimentary dinners. Greer will chair the meeting to select award winners. Williams will set the date. An auction of memorabilia will raise money to fund the US team for the Juniors World Track & Field Championships.
- The President noted that there is considerable resistance on the part of youth coaches to holding a meeting to elect a youth chairman. It may be necessary to appoint one prior to the National Meeting.
- An Association member requested an amendment to the Bylaws to modify the agenda for meetings of the Board of Directors. There was no motion by any member of the Board for such an amendment.
- With all regular business concluded, the the Board approved a motion by Greer to close the remainder of the meeting.
- During the closed session, the Board discussed a number of items related to conduct of monthly meetings.
- With no objections, the Board named Jennifer Nanista an active athlete member of the Board.
- The Board approved Bache's motion 9-0 (with the President abstaining) to close future meetings of the Board. In odd-numbered months (January, March, etc.) 15 minutes will be allocated at the beginning of each meeting for members to address the Board. The Secretary will coordinate members wishing to speak.
- The Board unanimously approved a motion by the President to modify the Bylaws to move the Annual Meeting to September to bring the Association Bylaws in compliance with National requirements.
- The December meeting will be at the Shirley residence. It will be a very short business meeting, followed by a party for the Board to celebrate 2004.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
Graeme Shirley (from notes from the Secretary)