San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
February 21, 1990
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Cindy Cohagen, Linda Gorman, Kevin Heaton, Jeff Rigdon, Bob Sieben, and Bill Stock.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of December 13.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $16,731.60 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- The President announced that SDIAC would host an Association Committee workshop the weekend of March 23 through March 25. The Board approved Heaton's motion to authorize an expenditure of up to $6 per registrant for hors d'oeuvres at the welcoming hospitality suite. Workshop headquarters is the Catamaran.
- Cohagen distributed copies of the flyer for the Challenge Series. A discussion ensued concerning the problems of determining both Series and individual race winners due to race registration not collecting membership information.
- Sieben reported on progress for the Western Sectional Masters Track and Field Championships scheduled for July 21 at Balboa Stadium.
- Rigdon reported on his attendance at the level I coaching clinic in Colorado Springs.
- Bache reported on a difficulty getting a commitment for the track from SDSU for the Junior Olympics meet on either the first or second weekend in June.
- The Board scheduled the awards dinner for either March 16 or March 30 at the Hall of Champions.
- The Board approved Stock's motion for $50 for first and $25 for second for Association members in the Fastest Masters 10K, in 5-year age groups.
- The Board approved Shirley's motion to authorize the Masters Track and Field Chairman to combine the Association Championships with the Sectional Championships.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:17 p.m.