San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
June 14, 1985
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Linda Gorman, Tappin Gorman Jr, Spence Milne, Jeff Rigdon, and Bill Stock.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of April 15.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance is $3922, while the certificate of deposit is another $11,000. In addition, approximately $2000 remains in an escrow account, after fees and costs. Major expenses have included $296.79 for a second videorecorder, $332 for a generator, and $31 for videocassettes.
- Linda Gorman reported on preparations for the Association 10K Road Championships. The Juniors', Masters' and Women's Chairmen all designated the Lions-Padres 10K as their championship event. Each committee is offering cash awards in several divisions. SDIAC registration for these awards closes the day before the race.
- The President reported on the recent action of the AAU merging the Pacific Southwest Association with the Southern Pacific Association. An immediate effect is to not have money to run the office shared by SDIAC.
The Board approved Stock's motion to ratify the employment of Laurie Olson for legal representation in this matter and authorize the payment of $350 to her.
The Board further approved a motion by the Chairman to authorize the expenditure of $1000 by SDIAC for office expenses during June, to be reimbursed by other participating sports following resolution of the question of name change or reincorporation.
The Board then approved a motion by the Chairman that he be authorized to negotiate an increase of up to $175 monthly in SDIAC's commitment to running the office.
- The Board approved a motion by Jeff Rigdon to spend up to $400, pending approval by the Track and Field Chairman, for sending Laura DeSnoo, Liz Mueller, and Jim Cerveny to the National Track and Field Championships.
- The Board discussed the disharmonious effects of contending races scheduling on the dates of traditional races, but took no action.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:40 p.m.