San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
April 15, 1986
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Hal Bateman, Neil Finn, Linda Gorman, Ed Oleata, Jeff Rigdon, and Bill Stock.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of February 14.
- The President introduced the subject of the TAC liability insurance and presented a letter to race directors explaining the situation. The Board approved a motion by Stock to establish the policies as stated in the letter, with two minor changes in wording.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The current sanction situation confuses the financial picture. The checking account balance is $6981.92, while the certificate of deposit was another $11,000. $1475 of the checking account balance is in outstanding checks, with additional deposits to be forwarded and additional money to be refunded. The account actually contains about $1000, with LDR and T&F having the bulk of that balance.
- The Board unanimously approved a motion by Stock that SDIAC waive the local sanction fee for the Junior Olympics.
- The President announced that the SDIAC awards dinner would be 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 9. The Board unanimously approved payment from SDIAC funds for the dinner.
- Neil Finn outlined the proposed city policy on special events.
- Linda Gorman announced that the Junior Olympics would be June 21 at SDSU. (This date has since been changed to June 22.)
- The meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.