San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
February 26, 2003
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Paul Greer, Lillian Mahoney, George Mathews, Sharon Powell, Arnie Robinson, Joni Shirley, Jim Skelly, Tracy Sundlun, Elizabeth Tate, and Chuck Woolsey.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of December 18, 2002.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $6455.57, accounting for the Awards Dinner, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Subsequent to the last meeting, Tom Meyers resigned as Track & Field Chairman. With the Board's approval, Bernard appointed himself Track & Field Chairman. The Masters and Open Chairmen will meet to set a date and location for the Championships.
- Sundlun reported on the Pan American Cup Race Walking Championships scheduled for March 15. He presented a request from Curt Clausen for $2500. The Board unanimously approved a motion by Skelly for $2500 for the Race Walk committee for the competition.
- Tate stated that she would conduct women's clinics March 15. She further announced that an elementary school would be opened in City Heights and named for Florence Griffith-Joyner.
- Mathews noted that recent rules changes had reduced sector widths to 34.92º. He also noted that Masters Championships were coordinating meet dates with the Chuck McMahon Masters Track & Field Meet June 28. There are three throws meets remaining. The Board unanimously approved a motion by Mathews to waive sanctions for the meets.
- Robinson reported that the Youth Committee now has five networked laptops, for the clerk, anouncer, finish line and awards.
- Skelly reported on the officiating workshop January 18. The number of meets continues to increase, and several weekends now have doubled-up meets.
- Greer announced his Spring Road Race series and described the rules.
- After considerable discussion, the Board unanimously approved G. Shirley's motion to change the Bylaws to set the minimum voting age in the Association to 18 to comply with USATF Regulations.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:51 p.m.