San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
December 13, 1985
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:20 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Linda Gorman, Jeff Rigdon, and Bill Stock.
- The Board approved the minutes of the 1984 Annual Meeting.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The Board unanimously approved Bernard's motion to leave approximately $3750 with All-Sports in a non-interest-bearing account. Leaving these funds with All-Sports will help support the organization, to which SDIAC belongs. The Treasurer's report also warned of a possible peak in savings due to uncertainty over the number of sanctions which can be issued with the current insurance setup.
- The President reported that there were 759 registrants as of December 15.
- Juniors Chairman Linda Gorman reported on the TAC Junior Olympic Cross Country Regionals. Two teams from Calexico went to the Nationals.
- Masters Chairman Bill Stock reported the disbursement of $350 to the top masters finishers in the Lions-Padres Association Championship 10K. Stock also noted that the 1984 masters report should have stressed the success of the WIGAN Championship, since it was the first in North America.
- Track and Field Officials representative Jeff Rigdon reported that a decision at the convention makes future rulebooks good for two years.
- The President reported on the convention's actions on insurance. CIGNA offered to insure races at $1.00 per athlete, with the condition that all sanctions be included. Bernard read his motion passed by the convention which directed the Executive Director to buy it.
- The Board approved Stock's motion to spend approximately $159 to purchase a Seiko timer.
- Stock reported that Bernard bid successfully at the convention for the 1987 15K and 20K masters road championships.
- The President reported that the promotion of renting the VCR to tape races has been unsuccessful.
- The Board directed the Secretary to inform race consultants and directors that the use of TAC certification requires a TAC sanction, and a sanction requires a certification.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:29 p.m.