San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Shirley Residence
December 14, 2005
- President Graeme Shirley called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the President the attendees were Jay Beltz, Lolitia Bache, Ken Bernard, Philip Dunn, Paul Greer, Thom Hunt, Lillian Mahoney, and Jim Skelly.
- The Board unanimously approved the minutes of the November 16 meeting.
- Treasurer Lolitia Bache reported that the checking account balance was $2424, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. Some checks remain outstanding and she did not have the most recent report from the office.
- Dunn reported that the USA 30 km Race Walk Championship would be January 15 at 8:00 a.m. They will be getting IAAF certified walk officials for a competitor who intends to meet IAAF qualifying standards.
- Greer reported that the Cross Country Council will vote on the site of the 2008 USA Championships in February. If the World Championships are not awarded to a U.S. site, San Diego should get the bid. Otherwise, the 2009 Championships should be here.
- Skelly reported that the officials meeting would be January 14 at Mesa College and the Officials workshop would be January 21, also at Mesa College. The Association needs new officials and this will be a good opportunity to show prospects how to officiate.
- Beltz discussed the Annual Dinner. He checked with the Bayview Club for a Saturday evening in February from 6-10. February 4 and 28 are available. A three-entrée buffet would cost $25 and two-entrée buffet would cost $23. There would be a charge of $14 per bottle of wine. The Board discussed what to charge, and whether to have a two- or three-entrée buffet. Again, the key is to get members to attend the event.and not to charge too high of an entry fee. Awards would average $100 per awardee. Also, it was stressed to insure that we make arrangements to collect at the door. Beltz will check further to see if any other location is available with a lower fee for a meal that can handle our Association.
- Shirley reminded Board members to renew their memberships, not to create new ones, so that the national links to their names do not get lost.
- The meeting adjourned at 7:37 p.m.