San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
August 21, 2002
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Nelson Alexander, Lolitia Bache, Adam Henderson, Lillian Mahoney, Arnie Robinson, Joni Shirley, Jim Skelly, and Elizabeth Tate.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 19.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $10,018.77 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Bernard gave an update on Balboa Stadium. David Pain attended the San Diego Track Club Board meeting, and was informed that rental for the track is $25 per hour for workouts, with another $25 per hour for lights, if used. The club is drafting a letter.
- The Board unanimously approved a motion by Robinson that $5 of each youth membership fee be allocated for USATF Youth expenditures, as a specific item in the budget.
- The Board noted that Terry Cannon, Gerry Davidson, Thomas Meyer, Lynn Naftel, Ed Oleata, Joni Shirley, and Jolene Steigerwalt won individual National Masters Championships in Orono, Maine, and Kettrell Berry won three sprint titles in the age 35-39 division.
- The Board commended Arnie Robinson for his appointment to the menís staff for jumps and combined events for the IAAF World Outdoor Track & Field Championships, August 22-31, 2003 in Paris.
- Adam Henderson reported that Monique Henderson won the World Juniors 400m Championship in Kingston, Jamaica in a seasonal best 51.10 seconds, after taking second in the Junior Nationals. At the Junior Olympics National Championships, winners included DeSaan Hardwick (Bantam Boys Long Jump, 4.75m), Elizabeth Paxton (Young Womenís 5000m Racewalk, 27:13.79), and Darius Savage (Youth Boys Discus Throw, 53.30m). Savage also won the Shot Put and Discus Throw at the Youth Athletics National Championships.
- Skelly reported that there are 92 certified officials.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.