San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
August 19, 1992
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:25 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Kevin Heaton, Joni Shirley, and Jim Skelly.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 17.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $13,705.08 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. Challenge Series awards are still outstanding.
- Heaton reported on the San Diego Running News. Starting in August, the paper will publish bimonthly, until club finances improve. He noted that the understanding has been that the SDIAC sponsorship of the Calendar was based on 12 issues per year. The Board discussed the Calendar. Bernard noted that sanction information was not available, nor was information on the Challenge Series, meetings, or track and field meets. J. Shirley noted that the SDTC Board did not address the SDIAC agreement in reducing the frequency of the paper. G. Shirley listed a number of problems.
The Board unanimously approved Bernard's motion to continue the arrangement with SDTC News, but to continue for the year, with SDIAC receiving the back and inside back pages and reserving the right to approve format changes, such as page size, amended to impose the condition that the Calendar meet standards to be provided by the Secretary, subject to review by the President.
- Skelly reported on the Track and Field schedule. UCSD will have five meets, including the Conference Championships. Salerno is the new head coach, Van Arsdale cross-country and distance coach. The Officials Association will host a workshop, probably in January.
- Bernard reported paying for eight all-comers meets at $100 each.
- The Shirleys reported on the TAC National Masters Track and Field Championships.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:22 p.m.