San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
August 18, 1993
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:29 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Linda Gorman, Joni Shirley, and Peter Stern.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 16.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was approximately $10,400 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- The President appointed a committee to evaluate modern finish line equipment: Bache, Bernard, and G. Shirley. He also reported on the state of the finish line clocks. Neither nine-inch clock works.
- The President inquired about interest in attending the national convention. Bache, Bernard, and the Shirleys may attend. Skelly reportedly will also attend.
- In response to an inquiry by the Senior Sports Festival, the Board unanimously approved a motion by G. Shirley not to combine the Association Masters Track and Field Championships with the September 18 & 19 meet.
- Bache reported on the Association Junior Olympics meet, which she directed, and the Regional meet, directed by Arnie Robinson. The Association meet produced $750 for SDIAC. The Board discussed the possibility of conducting future Regional or invitational Juniors meets, as had been suggested by the Regional Coordinator.
- Stern suggested that scoring for the cross country series should be on an age-graded basis. The Board discussed the possibility of a future masters cross country series.
- Gorman reported that Southwestern College intends to remove its track, and encouraged the Board members to individually write letters of protest to the President of the College.
- The board unanimously approved a motion by Gorman that SDIAC contribute $400 to the Mission Bay 25K, the National Masters 25K Road Championship. The contribution will fund $100 each to the male and female age-graded winner and $200 for advertising.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:16 p.m.